Founded in 1992, NUS SAVE (Students Against Violation of the Earth) is the main environmental student group in NUS.
We work with the students and school offices of NUS to advocate for NUS to be an exemplary model for sustainability and action against climate change.
As of 2020, SAVE has four working cells: Green Canteens (GC), Green Wardrobes (GW), Green Audit (GA) and Biodiversity. With each cell focusing on different aspects of environmental action, we aim to inspire a greener NUS.
To date, we have initiated many projects and campaigns on campus, such as the Plastic Bag Tax scheme, Project Box Project Tumbler, Reusable Bag Library, Green Bazaar, Textile Recycling Drives, Campus in a Tropical Rainforest, and the annual showcase NUS Goes Lite (NGL).
Through most of our initatives, SAVE advocates for a lighter ecological footprint through little actions in our daily lives, which has the most potential to be noticed by the people around us and spark conversations about the environment.
In light of the current climate crisis, we will be moving towards advocacy for more effective systemic changes, in collaboration with fellow green groups within and beyond the NUS community.
- To inspire behavioural change through meaningful and sustainable initiatives
- To create accessible, visible and attractive eco-friendly choices for the NUS community
- To provide support for the launching of green ideas on campus by the NUS community
- To leverage on our passion, interest and stakeholder partnerships to expand green ideas
- To effect purposeful structural change to address the current climate crisis
- To be the leading youth group in Singapore that advocates for NUS to be an exemplary model for environmental sustainability
Our Take on Effective Environmentalism
- Passion and commitment
- Understanding on-the-ground sentiments
- Effective partnerships & collaborations
Friends of SAVE (Within NUS)
Curious as to what environmental student groups in NUS and Yale-NUS do? Click here to find out more!
NUS Ridge View Residential College Sustinere
NUS King Edward VII Hall Green Committee
Friends of SAVE (Beyond NUS)